Dealing with different divorce issues

Spodek law helps couples living in Queens County and the wider New City area file for divorce and go through the entire divorce process. Divorcing is not an easy matter and can have tremendous emotional, psychological, and financial implications on one or the other partner. Furthermore, there are different rules that must be adhered to for a person to file a lawsuit for divorce or be declared legally divorced.

In Queens County, it’s essential to find a good law firm dealing with family law issues. Spodek attorneys are well versed and expert in the specific area of law practice. They have dealt with many such cases; therefore, have the necessary experience to assist couples seeking a divorce.

Filing a lawsuit and the Decree Nisi

A petition needs to be filed by one or the other partner to a court of law to start a divorce process. Once a petition is filed, a counter-petition will be sent to the other partner by the courthouse. Spodek divorce attorneys can take care of the entire procedure as well as write the paperwork. Usually, upon reception of a petition by the other partner from a courthouse, he/she has up to eight days to acknowledge reception and mention whether he/she agrees or disagrees with the terms mentioned in the petition.

A Decree Nici can be applied by the lawyer if there are no disagreements between the couples. The decree Nici finalizes the divorce by stating that both parties have come into agreement for divorce and are seeking a court date to legalize their divorce. Usually, in such case, divorce is granted by a court of law.

Divorce court hearing

Going to trial for divorce takes different aspect. In case of the decree Nici, it might be just to present to a lawyer their specific arrangement and be declared legally divorced. In other circumstances, there might be serious disagreements between the couples with regards to financial settlement issues or child custody. These types of court hearing sometimes lead to serious family feuds. It can be lengthy and with a very high cost. It often requires mediation, an expert opinion, or arbitration.

In most cases, each partner has a lawyer representing them and seeking to obtain the highest compensation or the best judgment on their behalf. The partners are cross-examined and a subpoena can be filed by a partner for further clarification if he/she believes the other partner is not being truthful regarding certain issues. If no agreement is reached throughout the entire procedure, a court of law decides on the outcome of the matters being disputed.