Are you thinking of moving home this year? Want to make sure that you get the right price for the house? Then don’t worry because we have provided you with tips on how to add value to your home. There are many things which people do when they want to add value to their homes, some cheap and some more expensive. We will be covering both routes in the tips provided.
Tips and Advice on Adding Value to Your Home:
- When an estate agent comes to value your home then you can often ask what might need improving, this way you can get an idea and make improvements targeted at those areas.
- Even the smallest things like re-painting the home can make a huge difference, not only will the viewers be able to smell the fresh paint but it will also make the rooms look cleaner and more presentable.
- Why don’t you plant some flowers outside, not only will this make your garden look more appealing but shows that you put effort into making your home look nice, which viewers would like to know.
- If your lawn and driveway is overgrown and full of weeds then get the lawnmower and gardening tools out. Many people make their first impressions on people’s homes as soon as they lay their eyes on it, so make sure that the first impressions count.
- If you have a bit of extra cash to spend on adding value to your home, then why not consider re-designing and decorating your kitchen or bathroom. Many people love a good, modern bathroom and kitchen so if you have updated this, then this can seriously add value to your home.
- Many people knock walls down to make their home more open-planned, this doesn’t just create a lot of space, but gives it a homely, modern feel to it.
- Consider investing in a landscaping service, they will give ideas on how you can improve the look of your garden and surroundings, perhaps make it look bigger.
- Replace carpets which have worn out. This isn’t just great for adding value but also makes it more comfortable and homely. Every little detail counts when it comes to selling a home.
- By new furniture or ornaments, this may not increase the value of the home, but if the viewer remembers liking the style and interior of the home, they’re more likely to put an offer in.
Here are some top tips of ways to add value to your home, so take this advice on board and make sure you get the price you want for your old home!